Project Information & Available Parcels
The City of Santa Fe purchased the 50-acre Railyard project in 1995. Between 1995 and 2002, a Master Plan was prepared and approved that designated 37 acres for commercial development.
The Santa Fe Railyard Community Corporation master leases from the City of Santa Fe the portions of the Santa Fe Railyard designated for commercial development by the Railyard Master Plan and Design Guidelines. Development will total 544,000 SF upon project completion.
Development of individual land parcels generally takes two forms. The first is development by a business for its own use (“Owner Occupied”). Examples of this strategy include Molecule, The Raven and Violet Crown Cinemas.
The second strategy is to develop a property for the purpose of leasing speculative space or selling condominiums (residential or commercial) to others. Examples include the Market Station building, Twisted Cow Compound and the Railyard Flats buildings.
The Farmers Market building is a hybrid of both strategies. The Farmers Market Institute occupies a portion of the building but also leases space to others including Second Street Brewery.
Recently Completed Projects Include:
Railyard Flats 58-unit apartment building
SITE Santa Fe Expansion 9,900 SF expansion and a 21,000 SF remodel
Twisted Cow Compound – Final Phase 4 residential condominiums totaling 5,100 SF
Trailhead Design Source 5,000 SF bldg. w/ office space, 2 residential units & tea house
4 projects in the Baca Street area Residential and mixed-use projects scheduled for completion in 2020
Available Land Lease Parcels
The following Railyard land parcel and building/development site are available for long-term lease. Both parcels are located in the North Railyard. Click on the link below to learn more about the parcel.
- Parcel B-1– North Railyard – Land only
- Parcel B-2– North Railyard – Land and existing building
- Parcel F-1 – North Railyard – Existing building or land development
Summary of Availability
- Parcel B-1 totaling 10,095 SF (0.23 acres) for development of a building up to 12,000 SF contiguous to Parcel B-2
- Parcel B-2 totaling 18,390 SF of land with a 17,000 SF building (formerly the “Warehouse 21” building) owned by the City of Santa Fe
- Parcel F-1 that may either utilize the existing 10,242 SF building or demolish the building for new construction
- 16,200 SF/3% is currently available in existing buildings
- Potential new development on uncommitted land parcels totals 37,000 SF in 2 buildings
If you do not wish to develop your own space, you may consider leasing space in an existing Railyard building:
Railyard Tenants with Space for Lease, Buildings for Sale and/or Residential Condos for Sale.