SFRCC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Santa Fe Railyard Community Corporation, a non-profit public entity, is seeking an experienced Executive Director to Manage the Property for Santa Fe’s high-profile, community-owned Railyard.
“The mission of SFRCC is to transform the historic Railyard into a sustainable and inviting public space for recreation, social, artistic and commercial activities in a way that embraces Santa Fe’s cultural and historical significance and upholds the community’s vision.”
This unique asset consists of fifty master planned acres with 37 acres of Commercial property and 13 acres of Open Space. Presently, 95% of the available parcels are leased and most fully operational. The General Manager is accountable to the Board of Directors, for effective leadership, in coordination with the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe Conservation Trust. The Manager’s duties include adherence to the Masterplan, upholding the safe, friendly operational success of the property, general marketing, lease administration, accounting, public events, community outreach and tenant relations.
Management and Operations
- Be primary point of contact for all owner, government, and tenant communications.
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all common areas, systems and equipment for all property owners.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations by attending various functions as a representative of the Railyard
- Enforce all tenant lease requirements
- Establish an effective working relationship with all tenants to encourage their viability and success.
- Coordinate sponsorship, marketing and special events with Director of Events
- Oversee construction projects related to capital improvements
- Manage tenant relations by inspecting and observing daily operations of tenant Space to ensure conformance to lease provisions, property policies and governmental regulations.
Financial Performance and Reporting
- Develop, implement and administer annual budget. Prepare monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Direct the preparation and implementation of all annual financial reports including audits.
- Monitor the collection of all rents and execute appropriate collection process.
- Direct and assist in billing and collection of all monies, rents, CAM and charges.
- Approve work orders, purchases and invoices.
- Manage CAM reconciliation and related communications
- Administering scheduled payments to the city according to the Lease and Management Agreement
- Coordinate and supervise all common space and tenant construction projects
- Assure tenant compliance with Railyard Architectural and signage requirements
- Review tenant LOIs, lease and sublease
- A comprehensive understanding of lease administration and enforcement is required.
Employee Motivation and Development
- Hire, direct and supervise the activities of all SFRCC employees
- Develop a personnel action plan for employees to identify opportunities for further career development. Provide regular feedback to employees via performance objectives and reviews
- Coordinate appropriate training for Railyard staff.
- Direct staff job results by coaching, counselling and planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Master’s degree preferred or specialized certification in addition to an undergraduate degree (ie. property management, business, financial)
- Minimum 8 years of prior property management experience, with commercial retail property management experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, or other management software such as Yardi
- Previous experience working with public non-profits and governmental agencies
- RPA, CRX, or CPM designations preferred.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written presentation and in person
- People leadership skills
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to highly diverse number of stakeholders, Board of Directors, City Council and Committees, staff, public and governmental groups
- Ability to listen and think creatively
- Problem solver- ability to identify problems and bring issues to resolution proactively
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize and meet commitments
- Understanding of the underlying goals and objectives of the creation of the Railyard District. Comprehension of the Master Plan directives and requirements.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
SFRCC Board of Directors (a working board):
- Understanding and upholding of Master Plan history, intent and purpose
- Hiring of Executive Director
- Selection and training of Board Members
- Financial Oversight
- Review of all SFRCC program matters
- Representation of SFRCC in Public Settings
- Commercial Mixed-Use Property Management
- Uphold the Master Plan intent and provisions
- Developing and maintaining tenant relations
- Hire, Review and Supervise all staff
- Propose Agendas and attend Board, Finance, Architecture-Leasing Committee meetings.
- Draft, review, negotiate, (w/ attorney and board), update leases
Represent and promote SFRCC in dealings with
- City Departments and governing body
- NMDOT/ Rio Met Rail (corridor crossings w/ State)
- SF Conservation Trust (Conservation Easement)
- Be a presence in community institutions and organizations
- Enforce Master Plan architectural standards including signage
- Enhanced Security
- Waste and Recycling
- Operating Budget
- Create multiyear proformas
- Ensure the timely and accurate periodic payment of rent to the City of Santa Fe
- Fund Raising/grant writing
Relationship with City of Santa Fe
- Work with appropriate staff and parks liaisons
- Road, public space maintenance
- Parking provision and enforcement
- Solid waste and recycling
- PSA Administration
- Public Safety
- Homelessness issues
Depending on experience TBD
Qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume of experience and at least three references to email@example.com